- Fév 29 2024
- 9:00 am - 12:45 pm
Animal Law Express
« Animal law is more than dog bite law, intersecting with an increasing number of mainstream practice areas like family, human rights, and environmental law.
This exciting fast-paced half-day course will bring together leaders in the field, including featured speaker, the Honourable Attorney General Niki Sharma, KC, to share the latest and greatest developments in animal law — summarized in 15- to 30-minute increments.
At this course, you will learn about:
• “pet custody”—groundbreaking legislative changes for how animals are viewed in the family law context
• unpacking the Criminal Code and regulatory crimes against animals
• animal law in environmental and climate concerns, Rights of Nature
• Indigenous perspectives on wildlife law
• how human rights law impacts people and their animals
• upcoming federal legislative developments for animals
• Indigenous non-Western and Social Justice perspectives, for all species of animals, wild and domestic »